Brahmatal is a classic winter trek, however, can also be done in the summers, the trek leads you to a beautiful lake at over 10,000 feet , the trek is perfect in winters as the lake freezes and the background is lined by 7000 of the mighty himalayan range , the trek route is deemed fit for beginners and less experienced trekkers as well . A major part of the trek continues under forest cover, diminishing the chances of altitude sickness. All the same, the trek will not deprive one of an out and out thrilling winter experience with the sweet mellow of falling snow, a fascinating trail caught in an absolute white out, the depthless silence inside the grove of rhododendrons and oaks, and iced over lake water faces, even the trek to the highest point of this trek is approached from the side that is exposed to mt trishul and mt nanda ghunti. This trek deserves to be talked about among trek with best mountain views.
Trip facts :-
- A perfect winter trek
- Major part of the trek continues under forest cover, diminishing the chances of altitude sickness.
- Thrilling winter experience with the sweet mellow of falling snow
- Lakeside camping at bekaltal
- The lovely oak and rhododendron forests
Best time to visit :-
December, January, February, and March.
Things to carry for this trek :-
- Backpack with rain cover
- Walking stick
- Head tourch
- Personal medical kot
- Personal toiletries .
- Warm/woolen/waterproof cloths (jacket , sweater etc.)
- Lip balm , sunscreen cream .
- Woolen cap , sunglasses , balaclava .
- Trekking Shoes , Floaters , Cotton Socks/Woolen Socks
- Waterproof Gloves/Woolen Gloves .
How to reach :-
Nearest railway Station :- Kathgodam Railway Station
Nearest Airport :- Pant Nagar Airport , Udham Singh Nagar (PGH) & IGI Delhi .