The Deoban trek begins at Chakrata, a town situated between the Tons and Yamuna Rivers, at an altitude of about 2100 m. a little-known village tucked away in a secluded corner of Uttarakhand, is not the most popular choice for trekkers.
Trip Facts :-
- Feel close to nature by rambling over the lush green expanse of Dayara and Gidara Bugyal .
- wild animals, while trekking through the oak and pine tree forest trails.
- Catch sight of snow covered peaks like Bandarpooch (6,316 m), Bhagirathi (6921 m) and Black Peak (2,734 m)
- Trail Will Take You Through open lands and thick forests, ending to a huge lush green meadow.
- People there are all with smiling faces which shows how happy and content they are, living amidst nature.
- Amazing panoramic view of the greater Himalayan range. Situated at an altitude of more than 3048m above sea level
Best Time To Visit :-
- Summer: April to June
During the summer season, the peaks remain visible. Carrying light woolens is advised.
- Winter: October to December
The area receives heavy snowfall throughout December and January, which winter season the best time to go for trekking.
Things To Carry For This Trek :-
- Backpack with rain cover
- Walking stick
- Head tourch
- Personal medical kot
- Personal toiletries .
- Warm/woolen/waterproof cloths (jacket , sweater etc.)
- Lip balm , sunscreen cream .
- Woolen cap , sunglasses , balaclava .
- Trekking Shoes , Floaters , Cotton Socks/Woolen Socks
- Waterproof Gloves/Woolen Gloves .
How To Reach :-
- By Air:Jolly Grant Airport at Dehradun, 180km away, is the closest airport. Taxis, private cars, state road transport buses are available from the airport.
- By Rail:Haridwar railway station, 215 kms from Uttarkashi, is the closest railway station.
- By Road:Bus and taxis from Rishikesh (170 km), Haridwar (189 km) and Dehradun (144 km) are easily available to reach Uttarkashi.Itinerary :-