Gaumukh-Tapovan trek, one of the most gratifying treks in India, located in Uttaranchal will bring every fascinating trekking pleasure ,This trek tracing the source of the holiest river in the country, Ganges, takes one into a Himalayan landscape par excellence. This trek steeped in spirituality and Himalayan grandeur takes one into a very remote and true Himalayan landscape. The difficulty is still there as the pathway will be little ticklish for the beginners to walk, and high altitude of 14,600 Ft. Climb can make it an arduous trek for the trekkers.
Trip Facts :-
- High altitude meadows, a sacred & mighty river, holy temples, great campsites, sadhus, occasional wildlife and more.
- The spiritual intensity of Gangotri, one of India’s most sacred pilgrimage sites, is palpable as you witness the daily puja at the temple, and the Hindu devotees bathing at the water’s edge.
- The trek offers the ultimate experience of the mountains ranges, forests, grasslands, spirituality and the high elevation adventure; the Gaumukh Tapovan trek is the blend of many exotic surroundings and tricky patches with a thrill in each step.
Best Time To Visit :-
Best time is between May to June and mid-Aug to Oct;
Things To Carry For This Trek :-
- Backpack with rain cover
- Walking stick
- Head tourch
- Personal medical kot
- Personal toiletries .
- Warm/woolen/waterproof cloths (jacket , sweater etc.)
- Lip balm , sunscreen cream .
- Woolen cap , sunglasses , balaclava .
- Trekking Shoes , Floaters , Cotton Socks/Woolen Socks
- Waterproof Gloves/Woolen Gloves .
How To Reach :-
- By air: Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the nearest arirstrip to Gangotri Temple, which is 257Km from Gangotri temple. The airport is well connected with most of the airports across India. Travel the rest of the distance from Airport to Gangotri by a bus or in a private vehicle.
- By rail: Rishikesh railway station is the nearest railhead 243 km from Gangotri glacier. Cabs and buses ply from Rishikesh to Gangotri frequently.
* By road: Gangotri Glacier can be easily accessed from Rishikesh or Dehradun by road. Both of these destinations are overnight journey from Delhi.