Sunderdhunga & Maiktoli Glacier Trek
Altitude :- 3200 mtrs to 6050 mtrs.
Sunderdhunga Glacier Located in Bageshwar District of Kumaon Himalayn Region Of Uttrakhand India , Other Famous Glaciers Around This Glacier Are Maiktoli Glacier (6,804 MTS) And Sukhram Glacier And Main Peaks Are Tharkot (6,100 MTS), Mrigthuni (6,856 MTS), Maiktoli (6,804 MTS) And Pawali Dwar (6,663 MTS). On The Same Route To Pindari & kafni Glacier’s And Separating Before Khati Village . It’s Literally Means Valley Of Beautiful Stones. It Is Being A Much Sought After Trekking Destination, Offers Adventure Clubbed With Unimaginable Natural Beauty. The Views On Route The Picturesque Glacier, Of Surrounding Higher Himalayan Peaks Leaves The Visitor Spellbound. While Walking Through The Pristine Valley, Standing Here You Will Be Surround By Some Of The Most Beautiful Site’s Nearby Trek Up to Maiktoli Base Camp And Baluni Top, Sukhram Caves Offers A Spectacular View Of The Surrounding,, Devi Kund, Is A Small Hike From Baluni Top. If You Are There To Seek More High, You Can Trek Higher To Nag Kund And Also To Kanakata Pass .
Why Choose Sunderdhunga/Maiktoli Glacier-
- The beautiful peaks of Changuch, Maiktoli, Mrigthuni, Nanda Khat, Nanda Kot, Panwali Dwar, Sunanda Devi ( Nanda Devi East), Tharkot, Nanda Bhanar, Nanda Khani, Bauljuri, Lapsa Dhura .
- Understand the Himalayan geography and river systems by taking yourself closer to its glaciers. Also witness the effect of Global Warming and the receding of a glacier which is highly affecting the ecology not just locally, but throughout our country
- An opportunity to experience some of the most remote villages of Kumaon – namely Khati which also offers a unique way to experience the Himalayas of Kumaon through the locals.
Checklist Before You Go For Trek –
- A Copy Of Photo Identity Proof ( For Domestic Visitor’s Aadhar Card & For Foreigner Visitor – Passport ) Will Be Must .
- A Pair Of Good Trekking Shoes , Sandals , Dark Sunglasses , Sandals.
- Poncho , Rain Coat ,Sandals , Warm Jacket , Warm Cloth’s , Woolen Cap.
- Torch/ Head Light , At Least 2 Pair Of Quick Dry Tees& Trek paint .
- Full Body Towel , Water Bottle , Tissue Paper , Paper Soap .
- Trekking Pole , Backpack ( Min. 60 Ltr. ) , personal Medical Kit , Sunscreen Lotion .
- Woolen Gloves , Waterproof Gloves , Woolen Stocks .
- Camera With Huge Memory Card & Full Charged With Extra Batteries .
Package Price Including –
Activities – Trekking , Camping , Hiking , Village Culture, Climbing .
Accommodation While Journey – Homestay / Tent’s/ Guest House’s .
Meal – Local Hygienic Veg. Food + Egg.
Staff – Local Guide , Cook & Camp Helpers , Potter , Mule Potter’s .
Medical – First ad Kit
Permission – Forest permission Charges Kathgodam To Kathodam
Transportation – Kathgodam To Kathgodam .
Climatic Conditions In The High Altitudes Vary From The Plains; Take Adequate Time To Get Acclimatized To High Altitudes.
Pay Heed To The Trek Leader Or Instructor In Order To Enjoy A Safe And Sound Trekking Experience.
Do Not Consume Alcohol Or Any Other Intoxicants During The Trek.
Avoid Trekking During The Nights.
Before Undertaking The Trek, Consult A Physician.
Carry Basic Medications And a First-aid Kit During The Trek.
The Trek Takes Place Through Eco-Friendly Zone; Do Not Encourage Littering The Local Sites Or Campsites.
Tailored Itinerary For 8 Night 9 Days
Day 1- Kathgodam To Karmi Drive 250 km Around
Morning Pick Up At Kathgodam Then Drive To Karmi Village Cross Over The Bhimtal , Almora , Bageshwar , Evening Time Arrival in Karmi Village Then Check in Homestay , Welcome Drink Offered By Host
Day 2- Karmi To Kharkiya Drive Then 5 Km Trekking To Khati
After Breakfast Start Journey To Next Destination Khati , Will Stop in Some Location Where You Will See The Beautiful Views
Day 3- Khati To Jaitoii Trekking
Khati To Jaitoli 7 Km Trekking, You Will See The Beautiful Birds and Live Herbal Plant’s Our Guide Will Keep Update You With The Things Which Deserve To Explore , Getting Involved With Local Tradition and Culture , Stay in Homestay Or Tents
Day 4- Jaitoli To Kathaliya Trekking
Jaitoli To Kathaliya 12 Km Trek Through Jungle Walk & 5 Km Trek Loaded With Beautiful Views Of Bugyals & Stones . Stay in Tents .
Day 5 – Kathaliya To Maiktoli Base Camp
Trekking 9 Km Kathaliaya To Maiktoli Base Camp, In Between This You Will See The Ecological Connection Between Nature and People , Beautiful Birds , Stones ( As The Sunderdhunga Valley Popular For Beautiful Stones ) Stay in Tents
Day 6 – Maiktoli Base Camp To Maktoli Peak Then Back To Maiktoli Base Camp
6 Km Round Trip Trekking Maiktoli Base Camp to Maiktoli Glaciers Then 9 Km Trekking Back to Kathaliya , Will Explore The maiktoli Glacier and stand at Maiktoli Top , Views Are incredible from Here .
Day 7 – Trekking Kathaliya To Baluni Top Then Back To Kathaliya
6 Km Round Trip Trekking Kathaliya To Baluni Top at We Need To Reach Baluni Top Before Sunrise You Will See The Outstanding Views Of Sunrise In The Nearby Peaks ( Bhanwati , Durgakot , Tent Peak , Tharkot , Mrigthuni , Maiktoli , Panwali Dwar , Nanda Khat , Balzuri ) Then Back to Kathaliya .
Day 8 – Return Journey Kathaliya To Jaitoli
Will Start Our Return Journey 12 Km Trekking Kathaliya To Jaitoli While Trekking Will Keep Explore The Valley Of Sunderdhunga .
Day 9 -Jaitoli To Kahti To Kharkiya Then Drive To Kathgodam
Will Start Our Journey Early Morning 12 Km Trekking to Till Kharkiya Then Depart To Kathgodam .